The popularity of the internet after 2002 saw several changes in the business sector and the world saw the rise of E-Commerce. There's more than a billion users on the internet and it has become a global marketplace which has further given rise to several new marketing techniques such as content marketing. Content marketing is simply the creation of online media and publishing of online content in order to promote a particular product or service. Creation of relevant content is essential to specifically target a group of potential customers. Being the type of marketing that holds great value, content marketing must be planned carefully keeping all the needs of the potential customers and target audience in mind. Here are a few tips on how content marketing can boost your online business to new heights.
1. Creating Fresh and Relevant Content The first and foremost rule is the creation of relevant content that attracts the interest of the target audience. The created content should not only be appealing to the readers but also help them identify their problems and see the marketed product as a viable solution. It is also important to constantly update existing content and creating fresh content to maintain the reader’s interest. The more appealing the content, the higher would be the number of visits on your website.
2. Utilize the Power of Social Media Most people are aware that a strong social media presence can increase your reach. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+ are some of the best way to direct traffic to your website. Regularly share your interesting content through any of these social medias to attract audience and bring them back to your site. If your content is really interesting, other users can also share them across their personal networks thus maximizing your reach. Creating shareable content is a must for a strong social media following.
3. Optimize Your Content It is not only important to create relevant content but to also make it appear where your target audience can clearly see it. Placing an adequate amount of keywords at strategic places can not only improve search engine ratings but will also help the customer find your content easily. Providing interesting and factual information as well as adding some images will only enhance the overall attractiveness of your content and ease of access. Even if you write quality content, your target audience or customer will never be able to find it if it is not properly categorized by the search engine.
4. Create Content That Builds Credibility Simply providing the customers with the basic information about your products and services is no longer enough for proper lead generation. Content creators must make sure to attract the audience’s interest through content that provides them with a solution to common problems. Professional advice, helpful tips and interesting observations will not only build your customer's trust in the company but also helps in brand awareness.
5. Use Visual Aid Reading is boring for a majority of readers and most potential customers and clients are often discouraged by just plain texts. Combining the information with visual aid is always much more efficient at helping the readers understand the content and maintain interest in your website. Posting relevant images and videos will help capture your reader's attention as well as make your content more shareable.
The popularity of online businesses has made most traditional marketing methods almost obsolete and outdated. Content marketing is essentially the future of marketing and as suggested by several experts, is the only form of marketing that’s left. When you plan your next content, try to keep the above points in mind as this will lead to a much greater online presence.
Media buying refers to the internet advertisement model through which one can buy a space inside a website to place an advertisement for a specific period of time. Media Buying, as opposed to the auctioning of top ranking ad spaces in real time bidding involves the selling of ad spaces on websites, at a fixed price. The revolutionary advertisement module enabled several companies to handle their own promotion without the involvement of SEO companies. One can make their own advertisements and can put them in the ad spaces one can buy through the several media buying websites across the internet. While there is a plethora of media buying websites on the internet, listed below are the top 6 media buying websites.
1. Buysellads.Com Founded in Boston, Massachusetts in 2008, Buysellads.com is arguably the most popular online media buying websites in the world. The website was ranked number 248 on Inc. magazine on their 2012 issue among the 500 fastest growing private limited companies in the US. The prices on the website depend on the number of impressions and will allow you to buy ad spaces for your product or services to be displayed with relative ease. 2. Advertise.Com The best feature of the website is that it lets you to customize the ad placement and offer several other services that help boost the traffic on your website. You can also custom design your marketing campaign and display your product to a wider audience though its unique ad placement system at affordable prices.
3. AMPkeywords.Com Another popular media buying website with a slightly distinctive user interface, AMPkeywords.com allows one to buy ad space across various popular websites on the internet. The minimum order is as low as $100 and is great value of money due to its effective ad placement method.
4. Sitescout.Com Based in Toronto, Canada, Sitescout.Com was founded in 2009. The website is famous for its introduction of a self-serving interface which allows several users to customize their advertisement layout with several format and ad campaigns. Sitescout.com also allows to bid through their mobile phones for the advertisements that appear on their multimedia enabled smartphones. 5. Adbrite.Com With a minimum price of $100 for creating and placing custom banner ads, Adbrite.com is also a great resource to take care of your online advertising needs. The pay-per-click ad service is also featured on this website that allows the encryption of sponsored links in your advertisements. The quality however is not as great as the other mentioned websites and can have certain restrictions in placing advertisements.
6. Adread.Com A division of the media mogul CPXi, they are the largest display publishers and a popular media buying website. It provides a minimum order of $300 which is great value for money due to their high quality of service that have made them a favorite among the new companies looking forward to promote their product or services.
The main task of media buying is to ensure that the website owners get the access to the widest of audience with the most reasonable of prices. The above-mentioned websites are few of the most popular media buying and ad building platform across the internet. The high prices of certain websites are evenly matched by the high quality promotion that they offer with great value for money. For more details on media buying and to consult the services of a media buying agency please visit Mediagroupww.com
Even in 2014, people are still making the same old SEO black hat trick mistakes, and some of the classics are even being recycled for new generations of SEO whizzes. As you know, one wrong move and search engines can greatly penalize you (just look at what happened when Google allegedly caught eBay engaging in black hat tricks). It’s time for a refresher course on what not to do with SEO, and best practices to keep your online presence shining.
First, remember that there’s no such thing as mastering SEO. It’s a constantly evolving tactic and once you think you’ve got it nailed, algorithms change and suddenly you’re back to square one. Don’t get frustrated, but just think of it like yoga or medicine. It’s a lifelong practice, and you’ll get better at it, but you won’t ever dominate it.
Here are some of the biggest SEO mistakes still being made today and how to correct them.
1. Poor quality content
People just can’t seem to grasp the fact that not everybody can write, and not all writers are SEO writers. Text content is still a huge deal in SEO, and if it’s not high quality you won’t get readers. It’s that simple. This leads to high bounce rates, which algorithms will read as poor quality content (because it is).
2. Invisible text
Just because someone can’t read the text (because it’s the same color as the background) doesn’t mean search engines can’t. If you stuff keywords or hide links in invisible text, you’re going to get caught and penalized for this black hat trick. It might not happen right away, but it’s not worth the risk.
3. Not following analytics
You’re doing everything right (or at least you think so), but those weekly reports you’re supposed to be running and analyzing just don’t seem that important come Friday afternoon. This is like trying to lose weight without ever weighing or measuring yourself and just hoping/assuming it’ll work. You need to know where you stand and many SEO reports are free.
4. Assuming videos and images are useless for SEO
“Content” can mean a lot of things, and the reality is that more people want images such as infographics as well as quality, brief videos as part of their content feed. Algorithms actually can see and translate the quality of images and videos, and you can help them with proper descriptions. Make the most of description options, tags and links.
5. Doing it yourself
There’s a very good reason there are SEO professionals and firms who are charging a pretty penny. This isn’t something you can do yourself, and even if it was it would eat up all of your time (and sanity) to do it right. If you really want to make the most of SEO, squeeze professional services into your budget. This is a niche and a specialty that requires years of training and practice.
Most importantly, remember that you can always improve your SEO. There’s no such thing as a lost cause, unless of course you’ve been penalized and then it might be better to start from scratch.
Working from home and being your own boss is everyone's dream job. Who doesn't want to sit in front of a computer and make money from their pajamas? However, did you know that a workspace that doesn't look professional can be unproductive? Work-at-home entrepreneurs should not let the comfort of their homes interfere with their tasks, and to maintain the delicate balance you need to cut yourself off from whatever is going on in your home. There must be a physical barrier which can radiate an aura of restriction to not just the usual sounds we hear at homes but also to interruptions from family members. The simplest way that can be achieved is by creating that space from scratch. 1. Useful, efficient equipment It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that your speed and efficiency is vital when you’re working at home. The trick is to not pay for tools and equipment you’re not going to use every day. If you have to scan and print pages on a daily basis, chances are you already own a scanner and a printer. What this means is that you do not need to buy a separate photo copy machine just to copy a few page occasionally. Flexibility is another issue you should address when it comes to improving the level of comfort you can work in. A wireless router will allow you to work from anywhere in your house. Although this will make the atmosphere more casual but when it comes to improving your efficiency, it will actually help boost creativity and allow you to get more things done. It is important to note that when you’re buying new equipment, you’re investing money on the fastest machines because you do not want to waste your time waiting for them to work.
2. Proper lighting Natural daylight is always a better option than artificial light bulbs since sunlight contains almost equal proportions of each color in the spectrum. Windows in the office space will help light up the room perfectly. The lighting in a room is often associated with psychological effects so it’s best to keep the room bright and sunny if possible.
Proper furniture can also boost lighting effects, so it's important to make the right choices. Glass tables (even a glass desk) are excellent design pieces. They don't just reflect natural light but they also make your workspace look wider and more modern. 3. Privacy is paramount It’s impossible to work with maximum efficiency if you are constantly being interrupted by a wave of random noises. Privacy must be taken into consideration when designing your home office. Although headphones are always an option when it comes to reducing surrounding noises, it’s neither easy nor comfortable to wear headphones throughout the day. The windows may be noise insulated by using portable screens and to create a segregate room, bookcases may double as walls which will not only provide privacy but also give you more storage space.
4. Layout/organization It’s essential to figure out how much space you’re going to need to keep your work-related things neatly stored before you build your office. You can save a lot of space this way which can later be allocated for other uses. When you start working from home, you will spend a lot of time on your desk, so you need to make sure that it’s fit for that exact purpose. If you plan on using a computer to work, then you need to make sure that there's ample space to do paper work beside your computer. The only way you can work with maximum efficiency is to be organized. 5. Ergonomics No matter how important your work is? your health and safety must always come first. It is essential to create an environment where your health is always taken into account. There are many ways this can be achieved – the simplest is to get an adjustable chair. Different people have different seating positions based and their height, weight and many other factors. Make a sensible choice, ensure that your body posture is adequate, and working from home will be extremely productive. 6. Modular furniture Modular furniture should help keep your stuff organized. Also, these items are chic, practical, and they don't take up much space. If you can't afford a huge work station at home, it's paramount to make smart investments as far as the furniture is concerned. Working from home and being a successful entrepreneur from the comfort of your living room can be challenging. It's up to you to make the most with the space you have available. Don't get too comfortable and try to make that area look professional.
There is no doubt your business will benefit from a comprehensive marketing plan, so long as you have one and you work it. Yet knowing that fact and actually implementing a workable marketing plan are two very different things. Small businesses have a lot to contend with, and even though we all know marketing is a critical component to success, it can become very easy to veer off course while tending to customers, employees, and day-to-day business operation. To make it easier to market and grow your business, consider the following five ways to get your marketing plan on track early this year.
1. Set your budget Before you can effectively market your business, you need to know how much you are able to invest in marketing. Determine your annual marketing budget, then break it down into a monthly budget. It's a simple step yet plays a major role in your decision-making process all year.
2. Set your annual marketing goals What do you want to achieve with your marketing this year? Naturally, you want to earn greater profits, but you have to set measurable goals in order to determine which marketing tactics yield the best results. Set goals not only for revenues and return on investment but also response rate, number of current customers who buy again, number of new customers you gained, and any other metric that will help you make better marketing decisions.
3. Develop your action plan Once you have your budget and goals in mind, determine how, exactly, you're going to use your marketing budget to achieve those goals. My suggestion is to research what your successful competitors do and what is the norm for your industry, and start there. If you're an established business, continue doing what has historically worked – but resolve to try something new each month.
Now, you can lay out your marketing plan, month-by-month, so you'll know when you'll be sending direct mail postcards, placing posters and banners in targeted areas, pushing PPC ads online, or investing in social media reach, for example. Make sure each method has a tracking mechanism – a coupon code, personalized URL, or other tool – so you can measure response.
Assign a realistic projected investment to each marketing step you take until you reach your annual budget. Now, you have an entire marketing plan laid out for the next 12 months.
4. Create tasks Once you have your plan, you have to implement it. To do so, break down each month's marketing actions into weekly and daily tasks. Track your progress each day; by achieving each daily task, you can rest assured knowing you're on track for achieving your annual goals.
5. Analyze results Each month, set aside a day to analyze the results of your marketing campaigns using the tracking mechanisms you incorporated into each marketing channel. Use that data to tweak future campaigns in order to achieve even better results.
It sounds like a lot of work, but a determined marketer can lay the foundation for a full year of marketing success in just a couple of days. That will make keeping to your plan with daily tasks a breeze – they won't take up much time, and you'll be encouraged to do them by knowing your plan is working.
This strategy also frees you to investigate new opportunities as they arise (in fact, I recommend withholding a portion of your marketing budget just for unexpected opportunities). In this manner, you'll not only have a comprehensive and effective marketing campaign, you'll also have the ability to profit from unexpected opportunities.