A large number of businesses (both big and small) find it a little challenging to handle their social media accounts. This is understandable considering the other business tasks that come up on a regular basis. Outsourcing social media has become a recent trend, and a lot of companies are thinking about bringing in another party to get the job done.
Is it the right move to make?
There is a school of thought that is completely against the idea of outsourcing social media. These individuals have three reasons why you should be one with all your social media accounts:
• First of all, another party will not know your business as well as you do. They will not understand the true essence of what you’re offering.
• Secondly, serving your customers is your topmost priority. For the social media company, this might not always be their number one task.
• Last but not the least; outsourcing your brand’s image can be a risky move to make. Suppose the social media company messes it up?
These are valid concerns, but you need to be a little more flexible while thinking about outsourcing. Here are a few tips that will help you keep track of your brand’s social media progression without it going out of hand.
1. Make sure the social media company understands what you are offering. This is crucial because it will help them deal with customer queries in the right manner.
2. The social media experts you call in should come across as passionate and interested in your business. This will help them fulfill your social media needs without any hassles.
3. The social media company should be in charge of all your networking profiles in the right manner. Facebook updates, tweets, pinning images, Tumblr posts and everything in between should be handled by them. Make sure you inquire about all this on a regular basis.
4. Also ensure that they send you monthly reports on what’s been happening on your social media pages. This will help you track the online progress of your company. Outsourcing your social media is just the first step; you need to make sure that you’re not paying them for nothing.
5. At the end of the day, the most important tip is to be ready to take over, should an emergency arise. If you feel outsourcing isn’t working for you, then take control without further ado.
Building up a good image on social media platforms takes time, and you need to be patient in your quest. The best thing about outsourcing this task is that your updates will always be on time and contain high quality content. Social media companies are meant to do exactly that.
Partial outsourcing is one option you could consider. Roping in a social media consultant is another smart move to make. Such an individual will review your social media accounts and methods, advising you on changes that need to be made. This will help you streamline you social media efforts and get better results.
3 CommentsLog in to leave a comment
Popular blog posts
Become a contributor
Do you want to gain more exposure to clients? Guest-blog on the taskblog.
Propose a topic for a blog post via email at guestblog[at]idelegate.net and we will discuss about it.
What is Task Army?
We help you outsource website related tasks. Learn more.
- best tips for progressing in outsourcing for freelancer
- outsource social media